6/8/09

COMMUNICATIONS CATEGORIZED

.
Communications fall into various categories. The responses will be different for each category.
.
Categories:
  1. Complaint -- I broke a nail. I totaled my car. My boss is a jerk.
  2. Criticism -- You're late. You didn't take out the trash. You never listen.
  3. Asking advice -- I need to ___, what do you think?
  4. Chatting -- There's a sale on at ___.
  5. Story -- When I was in school we___. I remember when ___.
  6. Suggestion -- Why don't we ___? It would be better if you ____.
  7. Request -- Can you put a shelf here? Can you take that box to the thrift store?
  8. Reporting -- Your son has been arrested. I've joined a book club.
  9. Discussion -- Where should we go for dinner? What will we do next vacation?
  10. "Feelings" -- There will be a chapter about this.

Please suggest more categories in the comments, & I'll put them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment